I’ve just seen then New Year in at the Eiffel Tower, Paris, France, Europe, The World, The Milky Way etc…
To be honest, it was less classy than expected (not least due to the < 5€ “champagne”) with a cloudy sky spoiling any chance of fireworks. Of the colourful, banging, sparkly kind, I mean. I currently can’t work out if the few fireworks I heard were bystander offerings and if the city just didn’t bother or what, but going off with a bang wouldn’t quite describe it!
But… I had fun with an old friend and new friends – the melding of my two current lives under the cloudy sky of gaie Par-ee. This, plus < 5€ champagne, plus not being able to sleep, plus surviving being crammed into a metro car with at least 600 more people than would normally fit into such a small space (plus 4 others trying to squeeze in for good measure), sure makes one ready to be grateful for the year gone by and especially at the prospect of the new year come.
And so the following are 4 of my reasons to be thankful for 2010 and 4 of my hopes for 2011…
Grateful in 2010
– For a good, solid end to a 4 year contract which brought many friends and joys through all the ups and downs.
– For time to discover some significant realisations about who I am created to be and why that might just be a Good Thing.
– For bittersweet fond farewells which gave expression to the many beautiful ways in which I really am loved. This is what I’m most grateful for. Either that, or my Macbook.
– My new apartment and everything it represents.
Hoping in 2011
– To know more of Love
– To grow in courage and strength to be the person I am created to be, particularly in my new context.
– To find my apartment is home, even if I never quite get around to painting the bathroom.
– To lose my mother’s thighs… I’m female after all…! 😉
I’m also hoping this sore throat will go away and that once this is all out of my head I can grab some sleep before Gaie Par-ee kicks us out of our hotel.
Happy New Year, y’all xx